Here are 5 fun facts to bring awareness to these sweet pups:
1. They are one of the friendliest breeds with tests to prove it: People tend to fear pitbulls because of their size and due to some irresponsible dog owners who raise their pups incorrectly.
However, according to the American Temperament Test Society, the pitbull comes second in the friendly category.
2. Walls beware: Pitbulls are exceptional at wall climbing thanks to their great physical strength.
They are pretty agile for such a strong breed and can climb up walls that some other breeds wouldn’t bother to attempt.
3. If your feeling down, a pitbull makes a great mood booster: Although many people think pitbulls are scary, they are very affectionate and funny, making them the perfect candidate for Therapy Dog work. Pitbulls are excellent at giving people at retirement homes and hospitals some emotional support when feeling down in the dumps.
4. Pitbulls are sensitive souls and can throw some shade if their feelings get hurt: This breed has one of the most sensitive nature to their feelings, and they’re not afraid to throw shade and give you the silent treatment if you hurt their feelings.
5. “Pitbull” is not a breed, but a term to refer to different breeds: The term “pitbull” refers to different types of the bully breed that fall under this category like the American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and others.
Pitbulls are adorable and incredibly sweet. The only dangerous part to them is their tail…holy smokes, it’s like a whip, and when they get excited, watch out!
Don’t bully this breed by judging them by their appearance. People often mistakenly blame the wrong side of the leash as terrible humans are responsible for these dogs getting the bad reputation they have today.